Syllabus

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

writing center consultants who specialize in CHS

Drake

Pleased to make your acquaintance. My name is Drake, and I am a graduate student in English and education. I would be particularly helpful at brainstorming ideas and working through argumentative prose. I also have a knack for revision, organization, and coherence. I am teaching CHS 211 for the first time, so I welcome literature reviews as well! As for me, academics is my life. When I’m not teaching, writing, or helping others through the writing process, I enjoy cooking.


Logan

Hey friends and neighbors, my name is Logan, and I'm a graduate special student starting my third year here at the Writing Center. I received my BA at UNR, and I'm currently researching MFA programs to take that next, terrifying step in my education. While my own writing endeavors are mainly in fiction and creative nonfiction, I am excited to help my fellow colleagues get the most out of their work. I have experience working with many diverse types of writing, and I can offer advice throughout the writing process, from close-reading and research strategies to argument and structure to the sentence-level nuances of cohesion, syntax, and grammar. Bring your creative work, your persuasive work, your work in both science and the humanities; I'm sure we'll have a good time. And, yes, we can still talk about AP Style.


Maddie

Hi, my name is Maddie! I’m graduating May of 2017 with a bachelor’s degree in community health science, with an emphasis in public health. I also will be getting my minor in human development and family studies. My strengths in writing include organization, as well as CHS, Biology, and HDFS classes. When I have free time, I like to practice my cooking skills, watch reality TV shows, travel, and play with my Lionhead bunny, Mr. Jack.


Hailey
Hey guys! My name is Hailey. I am majoring in community health science with a focus on public health. I love learning about the different diseases and how our bodies fight them. I plan on applying to graduate school and becoming a physician’s assistant. Music is a huge part of my life, everything from Led Zeppelin to the Beatles, anything oldies and I am there. I am also very enthusiastic superwholock. I love the outdoors and being athletic. I am always happy to help with anything you throw at me. English and health sciences are my strong suits. I look forward to meeting you!


Samantha

Hello! My name is Samantha, but you can call me Sam or Sammy. I am an adaptable writer who appreciates all aspects of the learning process and can confidently address a wide range of rhetorical situations. I am a psychology major who loves research. My favorite part about working at the Writing Center is helping students engage with the material they are writing about. I enjoy helping students synthesize information for argumentative essays, research papers, reviews, and a variety of fiction and non-fiction styles. I am confident to support writing for any course that falls under the liberal arts and humanities spectrum, community health science, as well as business communication.


Aly

Hi, I’m Aly, and I’m studying pre-nursing and addiction treatment services! I excel in synthesis and argumentation, but I can help you with any variety of topics, including Core Humanities, Core Writing, scientific disciplines, and more. I also can speak and understand Tagalog. I like watching Food Network and eating sushi as many times a week as I can afford. Come on this writing adventure with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment